May 20-21st, 2022 | St. Julien Hotel & Spa in Boulder, Colorado
The 4th International Extreme Sports Medicine Congress will be Friday and Saturday, May 20-21st, in the Xanadu Ballroom at the St. Julien Hotel and Spa in Boulder, Colorado. This course is presented by the University of Colorado School of Medicine Department of Orthopedics, Division of Sports Medicine. This course is sponsored by the University of Colorado School of Medicine Office of Continuing Medical Education.
This symposium is intended for physicians and allied health professionals who are involved in the care of extreme athletes. Anyone interested in expanding their knowledge of common extreme athletic injuries is welcome to attend. The objective of this course is to educate participants on the best methods of managing extreme athletes physically and psychologically. According to the education levels described by the PDC, the following continuing education course is considered to be Advanced Level. This course is led by Omer Mei-Dan, MD, at the CU School of Medicine Department of Orthopedics, Sports Medicine Section.
At the conclusion of this conference, attendees will be able to:
- Implement appropriately paced treatment and rehabilitation into an athlete’s plan of care
- Develop treatment strategies that optimize outcomes for injured extreme athletes to include psychological and behavioral considerations
- Identify the extreme athlete’s unique perspective regarding risk perception and include measurable parameters to integrate the athlete’s participation in the plan of care
- Analyze behavior characteristics and injury presentation of extreme athletes and facilitate the integration of a multi-specialty practitioner approach to address all concerns as needed
- Recognize differences between adult men and women versus youth extreme sports participants, and develop specialized injury management
The University Of Colorado School of Medicine is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
The University of Colorado School of Medicine designates this live activity for a maximum of 11.75 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
University of Colorado Sports Medicine (BOC AP# P3598) is approved by the Board of Certification, Inc. to provide continuing education to Athletic Trainers. This program is eligible for a maximum of 11.75 Category A hours/CEUs.
ATs should claim only those hours actually spent in the educational program.
This course meets the Physical Therapy Board Standards for Continuing Education Activities through the Colorado DORA.
Agenda and Faculty
View the International Extreme Sports Medicine Congress Faculty-2022
Registration includes guided activities, breakfast and lunch Friday and Saturday, entrance to the Keynote Reception Friday evening, and all-conference materials and continuing education certificates associated with this conference. Parking is not included in your registration fee, but you may valet at St. Julien or utilize downtown Boulder parking.
Registration rates increase by $50 at 11:59 pm on Friday, May 6th
- Physicians: $515
- Non-Physicians: $315
- Athletic Trainers: $275
- Students, Residents, Fellows, and internal CU Orthopedics Faculty- $170
- **This discounted rate is only available to CU Orthopedics faculty and staff, as well as students, residents, and fellows from any institution. All CU Orthopedics affiliates (CUSMPC, UCHealth, CU, VA, CHCO, DU, etc) must register as a physician, non-physician, or ATC. This discount does not apply to affiliate staff.
Cancellations and Refunds
The full fee is refundable if your registration is canceled by Friday, May 13th. Refunds will not be granted after this time or for non-attendance. CU Sports Medicine reserves the right to cancel this conference in the event of an unforeseen circumstance or another surge in the COVID-19 pandemic. In the event of cancellation, CU Sports Medicine is obligated to refund the registration fee only.
Attendees that would like to take advantage of our discounted room rate at the St. Julien Hotel & Spa can do so by booking directly online. Attendees can also contact the in-house Reservations Team at email@example.com or through the hotel line 720-406-9696. Be sure to mention the 2022 International Extreme Sports Medicine Congress if booking via email or over the phone. For other Boulder hotel discounted rates, please contact Ellen.Rhodes@cuanschutz.edu
This link is valid until Sunday, May 1, 2022. Please be aware that the link will only include the number of rooms that are currently contracted. If the block is full then the link will show “no availability” and guests will need to call in and mention the 2022 International Extreme Sports Medicine Congress to access additional discounted rooms. Questions? Contact Ellen.Rhodes@cuanschutz.edu
CU Sports Medicine does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, sex, disability, military status, sexual orientation, or age. CU Sports Medicine is committed to accessibility and non-discrimination in all aspects of its continuing education activities. Participants who have special needs are encouraged to contact program organizers so that all reasonable efforts to accommodate these needs can be made.